Wolverine: Wepond X is a 2017 superhero movie based on the fictional X-Men characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The film is the ninth installment in the X-Men movie franchise. The film is directed by Bryan Singer and written by Simon Kinberg. Due to the X-Men films avoiding continuity with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, this will be "the franchise redoing the origin story," according to Bryan Singer.
James Howlett (Wolverine) and Laura Kinney are two mutants with claws healing and defensive powers. The two knew each other for a while until they left over differences. Years later, Wolverine surrenders himself to a man named Gerneral William Stryker for an experiment so he will spare the rest of the X-Men. He meets up with Laura Kinney, and four mutants named Jean Grey, Scott Summers, Keniuchio Harada, and Yuriko Oyama. Wolverine, Kinney, and Oyama are filled with Adamantium. Wolverine and Kinney escape, along with Grey and Summers. They now have to fight Oyama (Deathstrike), Harada (Silver Samuri), and Stryker.
- Hugh Jackman as James Howlett / Logan / Wolverine
- Summer Glau as Laura Kinney / X-23
- Josh Helman as William Stryker
- Ziyi Zhang as Yuriko Oyama / Deathstrike
- Louis Ozawa Changchien as Kenuichio Harada / Silver Samuri
- Anton Yelchin as Scott Summers / Cyclops
- Shaine Woodley as Jean Grey